Sat. Feb 24th, 2024
Israeli forces conduct surprise operation to free two Argentinian Hamas hostages

Argentine Hostages Freed in Daring Night Mission

Israel has successfully freed two Argentine hostages who were kidnapped by Hamas last October. The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) and other security agencies carried out a joint operation to rescue Fernando Simon Marman (60) and Louis Har (70), both of whom had been held captive in Gaza since the terrorist attack on October 7. Official information indicates that both men are in good health, and their release was confirmed by the Israeli government.

The Argentine government became aware of the situation through diplomatic sources, and President Javier Milei made an official statement about it on his social media account. He thanked the Israeli Defense Forces, Shabak, and Israeli Police for their efforts to free the hostages and reiterated his condemnation of Hamas terrorism. The president’s spokesperson also tweeted a similar message.

Marman and Har were among more than 240 hostages taken by Hamas during its brutal attack on October 7, which resulted in the deaths of 1,200 people in Israeli territory. Since then, Israel has fought a tough battle against Hamas in Gaza Strip, with more than 26,000 casualties according to Palestinian health organizations. The war conflict ended with the release of two relatives of the Argentines during an exchange of hostages from November 23 to 30. Both men had been kidnapped from Nir Yitzhak kibbutz, where they had gone to visit Clara Marman, also kidnapped by Hamas but later released at the end of November.

The kibbutz of Nir Yitzchak is located on one of Israel’s richest agricultural areas and is estimated to have been where around 60 people were murdered on October 7 by Hamas terrorists. The operation that led to their rescue was planned for some time but was repeatedly canceled due to uncertainty about whether it would succeed or not. The special forces entered the heavily guarded building where Marman and Har were being held and encountered several Hamas terrorists there as well as additional guards in adjacent buildings. When Hamas militants tried to intercept the rescuers, Israeli air force attacked them with military helicopters carrying Marman and Har away from Gaza Strip towards Sheba Medical Center in Ramat Gan near Tel Aviv for treatment

By Editor

Leave a Reply