Music from The Planet Games 2022, like the theme song “Hope of Alabama” and other orchestral performs written, arranged and developed by UAB University Professor of Music Henry Panion III, Ph.D., was recognized for excellence in video and tv.
Music from The Planet Games 2022, like the theme song “Hope of Alabama” and other orchestral performs written, arranged and developed by UAB University Professor of Music Henry Panion III, Ph.D., was recognized for excellence in video and tv.The Planet Games 2022 opening and closing ceremonies, led by artistic and inventive director Henry Panion III, Ph.D., have been recognized with an “unprecedented” 19 Telly Awards, it was announced May well 23.
Panion, University Professor of Music in the University of Alabama at Birmingham College of Arts and Sciences, was artistic and inventive director for The Planet Games, and wrote extra than 45 new orchestral performs for the production. The Games’ theme song, “Hope of Alabama,” was co-written by Panion, Randy Owen of the group Alabama and his daughter Alison Owen, and the video was co-directed by Panion and Matthew Huesmann.
Panion oversaw the inventive production in audio, orchestration, visuals, dance, drama and extra. He is the owner of Audiostate 55 Entertainment, exactly where the music for the ceremonies was developed. “Hope of Alabama” capabilities some of Alabama’s most iconic musical stars, like Owen, hip-hop artist Yung Bleu, nation stars Sara Evans and Jamey Johnson, Stellar Awards Gospel Artist of the Year Pastor Mike Jr., NBC’s “The Voice” top rated contestants Worth the Wait, Rolling Stones keyboardist Chuck Leavell, “American Idol” winners Ruben Studdard and Taylor Hicks, “American Idol” runner-up Bo Bice, Motown legend Martha Reeves, and the Legendary Blind Boys of Alabama, with the combined youth and adult choirs of The Planet Games 2022. Faculty, employees and students from UAB contributed to the music, costumes, organization, talent and overall performance.
The Telly Awards honors excellence in video and tv across all screens and is judged by leaders from video platforms, tv, streaming networks and production firms, like Adobe, BBC Planet Service, Netflix, A&E Networks, Nickelodeon, National Geographic Society, and ESPN Films.
- “Hope of Alabama” won Silver Telly awards in the Branded Content material category for Editing, Videography/Cinematography, and Sports in the Tv category for Directing and Social Effect and in the On-line category for Entertainment.
- “Hope of Alabama” won Bronze Telly awards in the Branded Content material category for Directing, Reside Experiences and Editing in the Tv category for History, Music Video and Sports in the On-line category for Editing, Use of Music and Music Video and in the People’s Telly category for Branded Content material.
- “We Shall Overcome” for the opening ceremony won a Silver Telly for Cultural in the Tv category.
- “VisionLand Fanfare & March,” which was utilised as “The Athletes’ March” for the opening ceremony, is the Silver Telly winner in the Tv category for Use of Music.
- “Fanfare & Elegy,” featured as “The Entry of the Flags” for the opening ceremony, is the Bronze Telly winner in the Tv category for Use of Music.
It was an honor to serve as artistic and inventive director of the Planet Games 2022 in his house city of Birmingham, Panion says.
Henry Panion III, Ph.D., and Randy Owen.“To lead this incredible group of musicians, singers, dancers, technicians and designers, like lots of of the most well-known musicians and singers from the state of Alabama, was reward sufficient. But to have that perform recognized by the business so meaningfully is just unbelievable,” Panion stated.
“Fanfare & Elegy” was initially commissioned for the grand opening of UAB’s Alys Stephens Performing Arts Center in 1996 by Leonard Slatkin and the National Symphony Orchestra when they performed right here.
This was a record-breaking year for the 44th Annual Telly Awards, with almost 13,000 entries from across the globe and top rated video and tv content material producers such as Airbnb, Audible, BET Networks/BET Digital, BritBox, Disney, NASA, Paramount, PBS Digital Studios, and extra.
“The caliber of the perform this season coming from creators such as Audiostate 55 Entertainment really has reflected the theme of breaking out and standing out,” stated Telly Executive Director Sabrina Dridje. “Our business is experimenting with new technologies like under no circumstances just before, crafting really compelling stories to draw interest to some of the world’s most pressing troubles, and firms significant and compact are turning to extra sustainable practices to break the cycle of previous production processes.”