MyEverettNews.com received the following bulletin from the Snohomish County Wellness Division Thursday afternoon:
Individuals WHO ATE Meals FROM THE TACO BELL AT 2727 BROADWAY ON Might 22-23 OR THE TACO BELL AT 303 91ST AVE NE IN LAKE STEVENS ON Might 23 Must Get in touch with THEIR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER OR PUBLIC Wellness
SNOHOMISH COUNTY, Wash. – The Snohomish County Wellness Division has identified a case of hepatitis A that occurred in a meals worker who worked at two Taco Bell areas: 2727 Broadway in Everett and 303 91st Ave NE in Lake Stevens
Anybody who ate meals from the Everett place on Might 22 or 23 or from the Lake Stevens place on Might 23 should really take the following actions:
- Verify if they are vaccinated against or immune to hepatitis A. Individuals who are vaccinated or immune do not require to take any additional action as they would be regarded as protected against this exposure. Individuals can verify their vaccination records by contacting their healthcare provider, making use of the Washington Immunization Details Method at https://wa.myir.net or, if offered, referring to their copy of their immunization record. Individuals who have previously been infected with hepatitis A also may well be immune. If they are not confident, they should really verify with their healthcare provider.
- Folks who are not vaccinated, immune, or are unsure of their status should really:
- Get in touch with their healthcare provider or get in touch with the Snohomish County Wellness Division at 425-339-3503 (then press 1) for guidance and prospective post-exposure prophylaxis to avoid illness. Post-exposure prophylaxis entails getting the hep A vaccine or immune globulin (IG), which can deliver instant and lasting protection when given within two weeks of exposure to the hepatitis A virus. Hepatitis A vaccine is offered from several healthcare providers or pharmacies in the county. Anybody who was exposed and is obtaining difficulty getting a vaccine provider, or who is uninsured or underinsured, should really get in touch with the Wellness Division.
- Monitor for any symptoms of illness. Remain property and do not prepare or serve meals for other individuals if you have symptoms. It requires among 15 and 50 days to turn out to be symptomatic following becoming exposed. Early indicators of hepatitis A include things like:
- loss of appetite
- dark urine and jaundice (yellowing of eyes or skin)
- If you create any of these symptoms, be specially thorough in handwashing following making use of the restroom and ahead of preparing or handling meals to steer clear of potentially spreading the illness additional. Wash hands with soap and operating water. Be confident to lather and scrub all surfaces like backs of the hands, wrists, among fingers, and below fingernails.
The confirmed case seems to have been infected throughout international travel. The Snohomish County Wellness Division is functioning with the company to determine other workers who had been potentially exposed and connect them with prevention information and facts as properly as sources for vaccination and post-exposure prophylaxis, as required.
ABOUT HEPATITIS A
The hepatitis A virus lives in the poop or blood of a person who is infected and generally spreads by means of fecal contamination. The virus may well be spread from individual to individual by means of close get in touch with or by means of meals handling. Constant, thorough handwashing is necessary to avoid spread by means of meals handling.
The illness varies in severity, with mild situations lasting two weeks or significantly less. A lot more serious situations can final six weeks or longer. Some people, specially youngsters, may well not create jaundice and may well have an illness so mild that it can go unnoticed. Nonetheless, even mildly ill persons can nevertheless be hugely infectious. Anybody with symptoms of hepatitis A and prospective exposure who is not vaccinated or immune should really seek advice from a healthcare provider proper away even if symptoms are mild.
For a lot more information and facts, visit www.snohd.org/hepatitis.
Hepatitis A, Taco Bell
My Everett News is a hyperlocal news web page featuring breaking news and events in Everett, WA. We also cover City of Everett information and facts and things of interest to these who reside and operate in Everett. It is written by Leland Dart a former Snohomish County primarily based radio reporter born and raised in Everett.
View all posts by myeverettnews →