Southwest Fla. – The Florida Division of Well being in Charlotte, Collier, DeSoto, Glades, Hendry, Lee, Monroe, and Okeechobee Counties encourage residents and guests to take pleasure in a secure and healthful Memorial Day weekend.
Adhere to these guidelines for a healthful vacation weekend.
Water Security: Every year, lots of kids drown through summer season vacation weekends. Awareness of the fundamental principles of water security, combined with understanding and understanding of water hazards, can enhance enjoyment and substantially lessen drowning deaths each and every year.
• Usually preserve your eyes on kids in and about water, which includes pools and open bodies of water. Actively supervising and providing kids your undivided interest when they are in or about water can enable avoid drownings.
• Under no circumstances leave a youngster alone about water.
• If your youngster is missing, verify other pools or surrounding bodies of water.
• Use barriers about water, which includes fences, self-closing/self-latching gates, and safe doors with alarms. Barriers enable avoid young kids from wandering into bodies of water, which includes lakes, pools, ponds, and additional.
• Seek shade when the sun is strongest, which is ordinarily in between the hours of ten am and four pm.
• Put on broad-spectrum sunscreen with at least SPF 15 on all components of exposed skin just before you go outdoors. Keep in mind to reapply each and every two hours soon after swimming or sweating.
• Put on a wide-brimmed hat that shades your face, ears, and back of your neck. Put on sunglasses to shield your eyes and the delicate skin about your eyes from sun exposure.
• For more protection, you can put on light, extended-sleeved shirts.
• Prior to and soon after handling raw meat, poultry, eggs, and seafood, wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
• Separate raw meals to avoid cross contamination. Use 1 cutting board for raw meat, poultry, and seafood and one more for vegetables and fruits.
• Cook all foods to the appropriate temperature by utilizing a meals thermometer.
• Baking sweets could come with the temptation of consuming dough or batter, but that is not secure.
• Make certain to refrigerate perishable meals inside two hours. If the temperature is above 90 degrees Fahrenheit, chill meals inside 1 hour.
About the Florida Division of Well being in Collier County
The Florida Division of Well being in Collier County, nationally accredited as component of an Integrated Nearby Public Well being Division Method by the Public Well being Accreditation Board, operates to shield, market and strengthen the well being of all men and women in Florida by means of integrated state, county and neighborhood efforts.
Adhere to us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @HealthyCollier . For additional data, please go to collier.floridahealth.gov/.